Fundraiser definition: Any activity that has a potential to make a profit.
- A fundraiser request form should be completed and turned into the Jr. Warden at least 30 days prior to the proposed activity.
- The Vestry must approve the fundraising request and the allocation of funds prior to fundraiser advertising and scheduling
- If the Vestry does not approve the allocation of funds, it can suggest another allocation.
- The final allocation of funds must be approved by the Vestry.
- All fundraising advertising must utilize current parish communication standards (i.e., newsletter, bulletin, etc.).
- NOTE: If there is an event that has an unanticipated profit of more than $50, the fundraiser lead must fill out a form after the event recommending an allocation of funds.
FOOD ALLERGY POLICY (PDF)
1. Purpose & Policy
This Gift Acceptance Policy (“Policy”) provides guidelines concerning gifts other than current period giving to the Parish to representatives of the Parish, who may be involved in the acceptance of gifts, to outside advisors who may assist in the gift planning process, and to prospective donors who may wish to make gifts to the Parish. MORE >>
The REQUEST FOR PURCHASE/PAYMENT is the standardized method to reimburse members of the parish and staff for expenses they have incurred. The Financial Secretary will generate a check when properly completed is submitted. MORE >>
For a cash contribution given by someone just visiting the church on Sunday and under $100, no thank you note is necessary. For cash donations over $100 or not-cash donations, send thank you note. MORE >>
In order to protect the privacy of our parishioners, the web site of the Church of the Ascension will do the following:
- We will not identify minors in photos by name.
- We will not discuss the health status of any parishioner, in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Phone numbers and birthdays (month and day only) are acceptable.
- The Church will honor any unlisted phone number or any other information that any parishioner requests remain private.
The resolution of any questions will be referred to the Communications Commission for decision.