We have a dedicated group of teachers who help shepherd children on their faith journey. Each class is taught by a “Door Keeper” and a “Story Teller” teaching team and utilizes a curriculum called Godly Play. Godly Play is a Montessori influenced approach to Christian formation. Children are taught “the art of using Christian language –parable, sacred story, silence and liturgical action – helping them become more fully aware of the mystery of God’s presence in their lives.” (Godly Play Foundation)
Godly Play is:
- Creative and facilitates personal discovery
- Invites children into the stories of their faith
- Encourages them to wonder about the stories of their faith
- Structured to parallel the worship service
- A curriculum that acknowledges the inherent spirituality of children
- Transformational in that we create a sacred space where children can hear the stories of God, learn to talk to God and learn how to listen to God.
PRE-SCHOOL CLASS – The class is for children age three to four and provides an initial introduction to our Godly Play format. This class meets in “The Stables” room and is taught by Patti Glowatsky and Cindy Jones.
EARLY ELEMENTARY CLASS – Is designed for children enrolled in Kindergarten through second grade. This class meets in “The Garden” room and is taught by Lynn Farlin, Susan Pilato and Andrea Kinnear
UPPER ELEMENTARY CLASS – This class is for children enrolled in third grade through fifth grade. The class meets in “Sea of Galilee” room and is taught by Courtney Wheeler and Jean Rutherford.