We have a dedicated group of teachers who help shepherd children on their faith journey. They are taught by a “Door Keeper” and a “Story Teller” teaching team and utilize a curriculum called Godly Play. Godly Play is a Montessori influenced approach to Christian formation. Children are taught “the art of using Christian language –parable, sacred story, silence and liturgical action – helping them become more fully aware of the mystery of God’s presence in their lives.” (Godly Play Foundation)
Godly Play is:
- Creative and facilitates personal discovery
- Invites children into the stories of their faith
- Encourages them to wonder about the stories of their faith
- Structured to parallel the worship service
- A curriculum that acknowledges the inherent spirituality of children
- Transformational in that we create a sacred space where children can hear the stories of God, learn to talk to God and learn how to listen to God.
CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL – Children in Pre-K through second grade meet in the Children’s Chapel for Godly Play led by Rachael and Victoria. Older children act as mentors to their younger classmates as they learn together about faith stories.
Third through fifth grade children meet in the youth room across from the Christian Formation office. They use the CONNECT curriculum which teaches them to apply the stories of the Bible in their lives through videos, discussions, and activities. This class is led by Courtney Wheeler and Patti Glowatsky.
Junior High and Senior High students may choose to help with one of these two children’s classes or attend Adult Formation on Sunday mornings.
Senior High students will meet on Sunday evenings from 6:00 to 7:30 for formation, activities, outreach events, and much more. Please see the posted schedule or request more information from Patti Glowatsky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration and Photo Permission form
Invalid download ID.