Summer Schedule: Service times are to 8 am and 10 a.m.
Updated COVID-19 Protocol
Numbers for COVID-19 numbers are increasing in Norfolk, and break through infections, some of them deadly, have been reported by churches around the diocese.
· In response to the upsurge in the Delta variant of the COVID-19 virus, the Bishop has asked congregations to shorten their services. Accordingly, we are reducing the number of readings and shortening the prayers of the people. Not only are we omitting the litany for the prayers, but we will be praying for people by first name only. You will find the entire prayer list in the announcements section. Thank you for your pandemic patience!
· As per new CDC guidelines, we ask that everyone wear masks when attending in person services.
· Children are welcome at both services and encouraged to participate as acolytes. The “Prayground” and activity bags will both be available.
· We ask that you continue observing social distance. Pews are marked with green tape to indicate an appropriate distance in seating, and for now, we will continue to have a standing communion with individual cups of wine passed to those who wish to partake.
· Look forward to the nursery being staffed in the near future.
· Look forward to coffee hour in Rose Hall, as soon as we can get hosts lined up. This will require some special cleaning with soap and water of the tables we use.
· Finally, and this is IMPORTANT: The Day School is still operating under state mandates that require masks during Day School operations. That means that anyone in the hallways or in the education wing is REQUIRED to wear a mask. Failure to do so could result in the revocation of tens of thousands of dollars in grants given to support our continued operation in this difficult time.
We give thanks to God that strides have been made in reducing infection rates that allow us to make these changes. We will continue to monitor the situation and respond as things change. We appreciate your compliance and your patience!